Sunday, December 23, 2007

That's Right Bitches* . . .



I just found
Luboš Fišer's soundtrack for "Valerie and Her Week of Wonders"!




Now, granted this wonderful aural delight was something I didn't know that I was looking for less than an hour ago but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm enjoying the hell out of it now.



I saw the classic Czech coming-of-age gothic surrealist creep-fest a few years ago and I'm sure I enjoyed the soundtrack being as it's so completely right up my alley musics-wise. As w/ most things (especially those that I enjoy) though, I completely forgot about it. Until a little while later Broadcast had a tribute song called "Valerie" (funnily enough?) on their great 2003 release "Ha Ha Sound".



Now Listening to the "Valerie and Her Week of Wonders" soundtrack I can hear the melody used in the Broadcast song was lifted from a motif Fišer uses throughout his soundtrack. The lyric of the Broadcast song is pretty much just a synopsis of the movie, which w/ the movie being so crazy actually makes for a great song.

. . . Now I have see if there's a soundtrack available for that other Czech new wave classic "Daisies",which I actually liked better than "Valerie and Her Week of Wonders" but I don't know about how the soundtrack will stack up?

* At this point do I really have to say NOT THAT ANYONE CARES!?!

No comments: