Thursday, November 22, 2007

It's brown, lives in the ground, it's myopic... [Canned laughter], or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Matching Mole



I've been planning to do a long post (à la my long Shirley Collins "Folk Roots New Routes" breakdown) about my new found obsession w/ Robert Wyatt's second Matching Mole album "Little Red Record" but every time I start I get bogged down in research(HA!); looking at pictures of him, or reading (or listening to or watching) interviews w/ him, or reading about his mother and future father in Robert Graves' diaries that are online, or (and I'm not particularly proud of this) Google Earthing the street that he lives on in Louth, Lincolnshire, or reading about the synthesizer (i.e. the much lusted after by me EMS VCS 3) that Brian Eno plays on "Gloria Gloom", and of course all the while listening to over and over again "Little Red Record".

Maybe looking at these pictures and scribblings will get my ass into gear but I highly doubt it?



Robert looking like a Bolshevik in a wondeful recent picture


1 comment:

Madame Psychosis aka khachacha said...

I'm into this lovely obsession these days.