Saturday, December 24, 2005

" . . . Anybody who knows me knows this story."

It.....was.....after.....I.....got.....to.....Boston
..............that.....I.....went.....into.....the
.anechoic.....chamber...............at.....Harvard
..University.
.Anybody.....who.....knows.....me...............knows
....this.....story.
....I.....am.....constantly.....telling.....it.
..................................Anyway,
...............in.....that.....silent.....room,

......................I.....heard.....two.....sounds,
.............................one.....high...............and
.....one.....low.
.Afterward.....I.....asked.....the.....engineer.....in
.....charge...............why,.....if.....the.....room
.....was.....so.....silent,
..I.....had.....heard.....two.....sounds.
............................He.....said,
..............“Describe.....them.”...............I
.did..........................................He.....said,
...............................“The.....high.....one

...........was.....your.....nervous.....system
.........in.....operation.
.............The.....low.....one................was
.your.....blood.................in......circulation.” -- John Cage




No comments: